My friend Beth posted these pictures from high school on facebook and I thought they were hilarious and so I wanted to post them on here for all to see.
This was junior prom. Our dates were probably off to the side staring at the hotness before them. The two chicks on either side of me and the lovely lady in pink were my 3 best friends and are still 3 of my best friends. We were "JacksChix." haha what a fun night.
When I was in high school, I wanted to milk a cow. It was my life's dream. So my friend Beth planned my 17th surprise party at a farm. It was so much fun! I love that I can look at this picture and say that I'm still in touch with most of these friends.
This was my graduating class at church. We loved to laugh and we loved each other a lot. It's crazy to think about what we went through and where we all are now.
I kept a journal while I was in high school and I went back and re-read some of my entries a couple nights ago... oh my goodness, it's so funny. I look at it and see so many places where I wasn't being completely honest with myself... even in my own journal, I didn't feel like I could be honest. Weird. What was the point of writing in it? I dont know. I was strange.
Here are some things I learned from going back and reading my journal:
1. I used "OMG" before it was cool.
2. I spent way too much time talking to a boy that was way too old to be talking to 16 year old Molly.
3. I started stressing out about prom when I was a freshman... okay, not really, but sheesh that was a big deal.
4. Being involved in the drama program was a bigger creative outlet than I realize looking back.
5. By the time I was a senior, I stinkin hated swimming and hated waking up at 5am for practice. I slept my way through the winter sports season, planning my day based on what classes I could catch a nap in.
6. The only reason I passed math was because I made my younger sister do my homework for me.
7. I was incredibly insecure... and it would appear that I still struggle with a lot of the same insecurities today.
8. I was an incredibly angry person.
9. I apparently snuck into the Blair Witch project (because I wasnt 17 yet) and thought it was the dumbest movie of all time.
10. I wanted this one thing to happen so badly that my entire world (at least according to my journal) revolved around it... it never happened, and so far, i've survived.
11. Mary, Kacie, and Stacy were the source of endless amounts of laughter. Even though I was an angry jerk, my journal proves that I loved them very much.
12. The DC Talk Supernatural Tour seems to have been quite an exciting night for me.
13. I got called the B word in a packed movie theater because I didn't save a seat for this guy that I didn't like.... my bad.
Haha. Even though its slightly embarrassing to read that stuff now, I'm so glad that I have that journal. It's hilarious and it reminds me, as I'm involved in student ministry, that yes, I really was just like them when I was in high school. :-)
I think more people should post old school photos so I can laugh. Too bad that was the age before digital cameras!