A few things:
1. I stinking need to get working on this curriculum stuff I'm writing for LifeWay. This creative process is proving to be harder than I thought and my confidence is waning.
2. I don't think I've actually ever personally used the word, "waning" before.
3. Yesterday I procrastinated by reading John Piper's book, "Spectacular Sins and Their Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ" and it totally rocks. It's so short and so easy to read (at least for Piper's stuff anyway) and it did an amazing job of explaining some things to me that others have just made me laugh at them for saying (you know those people who say they believe something, but when they try to explain it, they sound like idiots?!). I'm going to read it again and maybe I'll post a blog about the things that stick out to me.
4. I am ready for the public schools to start back up so that I can get back to swimming... right now the school's swim teams come at all hours of the day instead of their scheduled hours because of Christmas break and that place is a madhouse. Swimming + working out with Erin and Ashleigh... I'm gonna be the hotness before I know it. ;) HAHAHA just kidding. That's weird...
5. New Years Eve was an eye opening and slightly difficult evening for this American. I had fun but it definitely put some things into perspective and kind of gave me some things to work on in the coming year... to really work on them, not stuff them away and think that not thinking about them will somehow make them disappear. AND I was also reminded of what a blessing I have in two dear friends... so as hard as that night was for me in a lot of ways, I definitely didn't feel alone and I definitely don't feel overwhelmed by what that night revealed to me. vague, I know. deal with it. :)
6. My friend and pastor, Todd lent me a book called, "In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day." It's about overcoming fears or conquering things that might be keeping you from truly living the life God has planned for you. He handed me the book, told me to read it, and basically told me to stop making excuses and to have courage about what God has planned for me. I've only read a little bit of it because I'm scared of what it's going to say. There's a strange comfort in the self absorbed world of wimpiness.
7. I really want to move to Nashville... like tomorrow. i miss my people.
8. Over Christmas break I got to meet lots of babies and see a bunch of people I hadn't seen in awhile... and that made me happy.
9. Today I bought jeans for 12 bucks. They're kind of redneck, teeny bopper jeans... but seriously, if I'm going to go down in jean sizes every month, then I think I'll just have to suffer in 12 dollar redneck jeans until I'm done losing weight.
10. I couldn't end this blog with 9 points. 10 seems much more final.
I've had requests to blog more often.. and since my life is relatively boring, this is the kind of random junk you have to look forward to. Try not to get too excited.